I am privileged and proud to be the Headteacher of Jack Hunt School and I am delighted to welcome you to our school. We are a vibrant, multi-cultural, mixed, 11-19 comprehensive school which has achieved much over the years. We have a wide range of impressive awards and accreditations, including:
- Language and Sports College specialisms
- Leading Edge
- International School
- Training School
- Eastern hub school for Gifted and Talented
- Lead School for Restorative Practices and the SEAL (Social Emotional Aspects of Learning) Programme
- Lead school for the Extended School Cluster
- 2011 - Heart FM Community Award and the first school in GB to be awarded Sports Leader Academy status; School of the Year, Living Sports Award
- 2012 - Aegis White Rose Award, for our work in the Pledge against Prejudice; Membership of the Get Set network; School of the Year, Living Sports Award
- 2013 - Winning the Diana Award for promoting Awareness; International School reaccreditation; RE Gold mark;
- 2014 - Investors in People Gold Award, Leading Parent Partnership reaccreditation; School of the Year, Living Sports Award 2014; winning the Diana, Anti Bullying Ambassador Award;
- 2015 - Winners of the Youth Sports Trust ‘Closing the Gap Award, 2015; runner-up in the TES Internationalism Award for our China programme; runner-up in the Sports Leaders UK, ‘Leadership Academy Award’; recognised for our continued Outstanding Contribution to Sport at the 10th Annual Living Sports Award.
- 2015/16 - Awarded an SSAT Leading Edge Innovation Grant for our Communication work.
- 2016 – SSAT Award for Exceptional Progress
- 2016 – Youth Sport Trust Gold Quality Mark
Each of these initiatives has contributed to improvements and benefits for our students. We are also looking to the future and the positive impact we can have on our students, families and the wider community through the Jack Hunt Community Learning Trust and the work we will do together with our partners; Anglia Ruskin University; Anglian Water, our Cluster Primary Schools and our links with Peterborough Hospital.
Most importantly, we are extremely proud of our students and committed to meeting their needs. Our well-qualified and dedicated teaching and support staff have high aspirations for, and high expectations of, every single student. We want our students to be well-rounded, confident, caring young people with leadership skills, who are motivated to achieve their best; are fully involved in the school, local and global community and leave us as life-long learners equipped to build on their success and contribute positively to our future.