I am privileged and proud to hold the Headship of Jack Hunt School and I am delighted to welcome you to our school.
We are a vibrant, multi-cultural, mixed, 11-19 comprehensive school which has achieved much over the years.
Since April 2018 we have been one of the 5 founding schools in the Peterborough Keys Academies Trust, along with Longthorpe Primary School, Nova Primary Academy, Ravensthorpe Primary School and Thorpe Primary School. As a locally based Trust, with all 5 schools in walking distance from the others, we are focused on improving the outcomes for our students and families in this area of Peterborough.
Our Trust Principles are:
- We challenge, support and inspire each other and ourselves to achieve our Personal Best.
- We take pride in ourselves and our schools as we confidently take responsibility for our behaviours to achieve our dreams and aspirations.
- We are self-aware learners who take care of our physical and mental well-being.
- We form positive relationships and grow ourselves as leaders.
- Our leadership skills will have a positive impact on others.
- Our leadership skills are transferrable to the next stage of our learning and beyond.
- We collaborate to create deep, independent, curious and resilient learners.
- We acquire, apply and retain powerful and essential knowledge and skills which we are able to transfer and use across our lives.
- We are citizens who have been introduced to the best that has been thought and said, and appreciate human creativity and achievement.
- We are caring citizens who want to make a positive impact within our local and global communities.
- We inform and engage our parents and carers in the learning journey of their children and support them to meet challenges.
- Our belief in 'being different and belonging together' enables us to succeed in our diverse and modern world.
- We make the most of every opportunity open to us.
- We recognise that the opportunities offered in and beyond the classroom broaden and enrich us.
- Our participation in the opportunities offered build our cultural capital needed to succeed in life.
At Jack Hunt School have a wide range of impressive awards and accreditations that we have achieved over the last decade, including:
- Language and Sports College specialisms
- Leading Edge
- International School
- Training School
- Eastern hub school for Gifted and Talented
- Lead School for Restorative Practices and the SEAL (Social Emotional Aspects of Learning) Programme
- Lead school for the Extended School Cluster
- 2011 - Heart FM Community Award and the first school in GB to be awarded Sports Leader Academy status; School of the Year, Living Sports Award
- 2012 - Aegis White Rose Award, for our work in the Pledge against Prejudice; Membership of the Get Set network; School of the Year, Living Sports Award
- 2013 - Winning the Diana Award for promoting Awareness; International School reaccreditation; RE Gold mark;
- 2014 - Investors in People Gold Award, Leading Parent Partnership reaccreditation; School of the Year, Living Sports Award 2014; winning the Diana, Anti Bullying Ambassador Award;
- 2015 - Winners of the Youth Sports Trust ‘Closing the Gap Award, 2015; runner-up in the TES Internationalism Award for our China programme; runner-up in the Sports Leaders UK, ‘Leadership Academy Award’; recognised for our continued Outstanding Contribution to Sport at the 10th Annual Living Sports Award.
- 2015/16 - Awarded an SSAT Leading Edge Innovation Grant for our Communication work.
- 2016 – SSAT Award for Exceptional Progress
- 2016 – Youth Sport Trust Gold Quality Mark
- 2017 – SSAT Award for Exceptional Progress
- 2018 – Families First Award
- 2018 – Music Mark Award
- 2018 - National Citizen Service, Champion School, Gold Award
- 2019 - Shortlisted by the Times Educational Supplement for the ‘Creative School of the Year Award’ for our work in creating an innovative new Year 7 Curriculum based on High Performance and Project based Learning
- 2019 - The SSAT, The Schools, Students and Teachers Network, re-accredited us with Leading Edge status for a further 3 years. Leading Edge is a National network for high performing schools who have shown a commitment to raising achievement through collaboration and Innovation.
- 2019 - The British Council re-accredited our International School Award. The accreditation scheme rewards those schools with a notable global awareness and understanding in their curriculum.
- 2019 – Re-accreditation was as a Leadership Academy for the work we do through Sports Leadership
Each of these initiatives has contributed to improvements and benefits for our students. We are also looking to the future and the positive impact we can have on our students, families and the wider community through the Peterborough Keys Academies Trust and the work we will do together with our partners; Anglia Ruskin University; Anglian Water, our Cluster Primary Schools and our links with Peterborough Hospital.
Most importantly, we are extremely proud of our students and committed to meeting their needs. Our well-qualified and dedicated teaching and support staff have high aspirations for, and high expectations of, every single student. We want our students to be well-rounded, confident, caring young people with leadership skills, who are motivated to achieve their best; are fully involved in the school, local and global community and leave us as life-long learners equipped to build on their success and contribute positively to our future.