In cases of oversubscription the LA on behalf of Jack Hunt School offers places in accordance with the oversubscription criteria. The oversubscription criteria for Jack Hunt School are:
Child with statements of special education needs (Education and Health Care Plans).
(All governing bodies are required by Section 324 of the Education Act 1996 to admit to the school a child with a statement of special education needs that names the school this is not an oversubscription criterion. Schools must admit such children whether have places or not.)
The governors will give priority to children with a statement of special education needs (EHCP) which names the school on the statement (EHCP). Parents must visit the school, by arrangement, before naming Jack Hunt School on the statement, so that they are confident that the school has the facilities and resources to meet their child’s needs. In addition, the school must be confident that they have the facilities and resources to meet the child’s needs.
- Children in care (children in public care) and children who were in care, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the catchment areas for the following primary schools:- Gladstone Primary School, Highlees Primary School, Longthorpe Primary School, Nova Primary School, Ravensthorpe Primary School, Thorpe Primary School and West Town Primary School. This includes children living within the above catchments who may be attending Sacred Heart Primary School and other primary schools.
- Up to 5 places in any one academic year for children of permanent employees whose place of work is Jack Hunt School at the time of admission. Where the member of staff has been employed for more than 2 years and/or has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. Where more than 5 applicants are received preference will be given to permanent employees with the longest period of continuous employment by the school.
- Where the child has a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission (the definition of brother or sister is contained in the local authority admissions booklet issued by your primary school).
- Children attending one of the Peterborough Keys Academies Trust primary schools:- Nova Primary School, Longthorpe Primary School, Ravensthorpe Primary School and Thorpe Primary School.
- Any other applicant.
Where the number of applicants exceeds the number of places within any of the above criteria priority will be given to those living nearest the school measured in a straight line between the centre of the home address and the centre of the school site.
The Published Admission Number for Years 7 to 11 will be 330.
The application procedures and timescales for Year 7 are described in the coordinated scheme for Secondary Schools Admissions set out in Peterborough City Council’s Admissions Booklet.
For Mid-Term Application information please use the link to the Local Authority Website
You may also wish to view our prospectus.