Covid Catch Up Premium
The government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up lost time after school closure. This is especially important for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds.
To read more about this Catch Up Funding, please click here.
Support for 6th form students eligible for 16-19 Catch up Funding and Bursary Support
All students eligible for the Covid Catch Up 16-19 support and the 6th form bursary have access to funding to support their academic progress as well as:
- An ipad and ipad case
- Equipment for use at home including items such as mini whiteboards, specialist calculators etc.
- Text books
- Revision books and materials
- Academic related virtual courses run by universities and other safe and reputable companies
- Business wear
- School trips
In addition all students eligible for the Covid Catch Up 16-19 support and the 6th form bursary are reimbursed for the following items:
- Travel tickets to university open days or interviews
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Weekly or Monthly bus tickets
- UCAS submission
Students are also able to put in special requests for anything which does not appear on the list which would support their academic learning.
Click here to view JHS Covid Catch Up Funding Strategy 2021-22 as a PDF